2023 Small Business Profiles for the States, Territories, and Nation
Advocacy’s annual State Profiles gather the latest federal small business economic data into state-by-state snapshots of small business economic activity.
The 2023 State Profiles uses the latest business dynamics data to highlight changes to employment and establishment openings and closings by state since the pandemic. Additionally, the profiles highlight each state’s new small business lending by large banks, small business statistics by industry, small business exports, and business owner demographics using the latest federal data.
The 2023 State Profiles answer questions like:
- How many small businesses are in my state?
- How many people do small businesses employ?
- How many jobs do they create?
- How many establishments opened and closed?
- What industries have the most small businesses?
- What demographic groups own the most small businesses?
- How much do small businesses export?
The files below contain the 50 individual state profiles, plus profiles for the United States, District of Columbia, and the U.S. Territories.
2023 Small Business Profiles for the United States
2023 Small Business Profiles for the States
2023 Small Business Profiles for the Territories
All Profiles (United States, 50 states, District of Columbia, Territories)