BOEM Seeks Comments on Proposed Rule for Renewable Energy Modernization
On January 30, 2023, the U.S. Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) published a proposed renewable energy modernization rule. BOEM’s regulations have not been updated since 2009. The proposed rule aims to address the modern renewable energy climate. BOEM states the rulemaking will streamline the leasing process. BOEM is proposing the following reforms among others:
- Incremental funding of decommissioning accounts
- Flexible survey submission requirements
- Revised project verification procedures
- Reform of the auction process
- Clarity regarding safety requirements
Written comments are due by March 31, 2023.
Advocacy contact: Send an email to Prianka Sharma at email@example.com or call at (202) 205-6938.
Comments are closed.