BOEM Seeks Comments on Morro Bay Wind Energy Area Environmental Assessment
On April 6, 2022, the U.S. Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) published a draft environmental assessment that analyzes the potential impacts from future offshore wind commercial leasing activities, and related activities within the Morro Bay Wind Energy Area. This area is located 20 miles off the central coast of California, in San Luis Obispo County. BOEM will also host two virtual public meetings to discuss the draft assessment. The meetings are scheduled to occur on April 14, 2022, at 5:00 PM (PT) and April 19, 2022, at 9:00 AM (PT).
Advocacy will hold a small business roundtable on April 20, 2022, from 2:30-3:30 PM (ET) to hear directly from small businesses about the environmental assessment.
Written comments are due by May 6, 2022.
- Read the Draft Environmental Assessment.
- Register for the public meetings.
- RSVP for Advocacy’s small business roundtable.
- Submit written comments on the Draft Environmental Assessment.
- Advocacy contact: Email Prianka.Sharma@sba.gov or call (202) 205-6938.