Small Business Profiles for Major Metropolitan Areas
The Office of Advocacy has launched a new series, the Small Business Profiles for Major Metropolitan Areas. The metropolitan area profiles are part of Advocacy’s state profile series, which provides user-friendly snapshots of national, state, and local small business statistics.
The metropolitan profiles use the latest government data to answer questions like:
- How many small businesses are in my metropolitan area?
- How many people do small businesses employ?
- What are the metropolitan area trends for small businesses and the self-employed?
- Which industries have the most small businesses and employ the most people?
- What are the demographic shares of business owners?
- What are the small business lending trends for the metropolitan area?
Some small business datasets still predate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.