“Small Business Facts” Debut on Website
Confused about terminology? Or the basic definitions used in small business statistics? The Office of Advocacy has launched a new series, “Small Business Facts,” to demystify key small business topics and explain terms that often cause confusion. These concise handouts will bring you up to speed on key information and issues.
Six Small Business Factsheets are now posted on the website:
• Startup rates;
• Which businesses create more jobs—New or existing businesses?
• What is the difference between self-employment, nonemployer businesses, and sole proprietorships?
• What factors affect business survival?
• Small business credit card financing; and
• What is the level of availability and coverage of health insurance in small firms?
The series is located at www.sba.gov/advocacy/7540/126001.