Federal Trade Commission Issues a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for the Non-Compete Clause Rule
On January 9, 2023, the Federal Trade Commission (“Commission”) published a notice of proposed rulemaking for the Non-Compete Clause Rule.
The proposed rule would, among other things, prohibit an employer to:
- enter into or attempt to enter into a non-compete clause with a worker
- maintain with a worker a non-compete clause
- to represent to a worker under certain circumstances that the worker is subject to a non-compete clause.
Comments are now due by April 19, 2023.
Read the notice at Regulations.gov
- Submit comments online at https://www.regulations.gov, by following the instructions on the web-based form.
- Mail: Comments may be mailed to Federal Trade Commission, Office of the Secretary, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 1 CC-5610 (Annex C), Washington, DC 20580. Write “Non-Compete Clause Rulemaking, Matter No. P201200” on your comment.
Advocacy contact: Jennifer A. Smith at Jennifer.Smith@sba.gov.