TTB Requests Comments on Proposed Information Collections
On November 3, 2020, the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) published Proposed Information Collections; Comment Request (No. 81), requesting comments on information collections (forms, recordkeeping and labeling requirements, and surveys) including:
- Application for Amended Basic Permit under the Federal Alcohol Administration Act (TTB F 5100.18),
- Application for an Industrial Alcohol User Permit (TTB F 5150.22),
- Report–Manufacturer of Tobacco Products or Cigarette Papers and Tubes (TTB F 5210.5),
- Report–Manufacturer of Processed Tobacco (TTB F 5250.1),
- Importer’s Record and Reports (TTB REC 5170/1), and
- Labeling of Major Food Allergens and Petitions for Exemption.
Specifically, the TTB is requesting comments on:
- whether an information collection is necessary for the proper performance of the agency’s functions, including whether the information has practical utility;
- the accuracy of the agency’s estimate of the information collection’s burden;
- ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information collected;
- ways to minimize the information collection’s burden on respondents, including using automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology; and
- estimates of capital or start-up costs and costs of operation, maintenance, and purchase of services to provide the requested information.
Comments are due by January 4, 2021.